Moderator: General Support Moderators
- Joomla! Intern
- Posts: 57
- Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:20 pm
If I set the permissions to “Guest” the menu item shows until the user logs in.
The problem with that however is the user is considered as a “Guest” until the first login happens. When the user logs out the the session is still there and is not considered as a “Guest” anymore and the menu item DOES NOT SHOW.
- Joomla! Champion
- Posts: 6261
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:35 am
- Location: Australia
For the default user function, a Guest user will see any content that is assigned as “Guest” or “Public” permissions. When a user does log in, Guest content should not be shown but they can still see Public and Registered content. When the user logs out, the Guest content should be shown again…but you’re staying the session stays active, as if the user is still logged on.
The issue seems to revolve around the log-out routine that isn’t working correctly. Are you using the default login module?
I don’t know what could cause that but some testing ideas:
(1) Delete the menu item, and recreate it. Test the login/logout out; is it working?
(2) Delete / recreate a new login module.
(3) Go to database (phpMyAdmin in your webhost’s control panel). Empty the “session” table. Try the login/logout out again.
(4) What session handler method are you using – database or file/none (try changing this from one to the other) and test again noting any change in the expected behaviour of the login/logout action.
(5) Clear your Browser cache; clear the Joomla cache. Clear Cookies in your browser (it may be that you can select “session cookies” and not all cookies; depends on the browser)
(6) Test other browsers
Help you I can, yes!. Post your question, you should. Keep it on topic you must!
Use the Forc….Forum Post Assistant my young Padawan!